Hacking Guidlines

in Guidelines and Rules Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:14 pm
by rainbowdragon • 96 Posts

The bellow set of rules and guidelines are to be followed as they are if an attack or hacking attempt happens:

Hacking FAQ & Step-by-Step Guide

Hacking. What this means is that a person has managed to gain access to the account of a staff member on your board, and has used that account to harm the board by deleting content, demoting staff, posting obscene content, etc.
This is also, commonly called "Cracking"

1. What tips do you have for me to stop a cracking attempt?

There are many good pieces of advice and tips on keeping the baord you use board safe from cracking attempts, but none of these tips can surmount to the importance of this first one:

Pick a secure password!

A strong, secure password contains uppercase and lowercase letters, a number, punctuation or symbols and at least 8 characters. Anything less than this will leave your account open to possible cracking attempts, esspecially if you are a staff member (a moderator or administrator). The password you use for your Xobor forum should not be used for any other account you use online. You should also know that a strong password means nothing if your e-mail's password is also not secure. Your e-mail account is your life line, especially if you have multiple registrations tied to the same address. If a cracker gains access to your e-mail they could potentially crack multiple forums (not to mention other things you hold dear online).

2. What to do if the board i use is about to be cracked?

If you believe the board you use board is at risk, you should do the following: Ensure that your password is secure and that your e-mail address is even more secure. If you don't think the staff of the board know about it, tell them via Private Message!

3. What do i do if the board i use is being cracked while i am online?

Alert an administrator imediately! At this stage, it is way out of your hands.
Once you have alerted an admin, log out your account untill it is safe to log back in again.

4. What if an admin is not available?

Contact a moderator imediately, sign out of your account, and watch the forum.

5. What do i do if the baord has successfully been cracked?

Email an administrator imediately.
Then, leave a message on the support forum, alerting them to the problem, and telling them what you have done.
From here, there is nothing you can do, but watch and wait.

If you are a moderator, and step 4 or 5 is occuring or has occured, you should post a message on the support forum imediately.
Or, alternatively, you can try to contact an admin via email.

These are the guidelines you MUST follow before, during and after hacking attempt.

-Created by Spinosaurus King in Imperial Palace.

/give rainbowdragon 259 1

Last edited Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: geeta200147
Board Statistics
The forum has 589 topics and 833 posts.