What will you do if an asteroid struck the Earth?

in Space Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 pm
by balaur • 63 Posts

just asking.Well??

King of Raptors

Scroll up

RE: What will you do if an asteroid struck the Earth?

in Space Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:53 am
by Mattking rex • 26 Posts

That depends. If the asteroid hasn't struck yet but its about to, I would have the time of my life; if the asteriod had already struck I would find a underground location and hide out there. Regardless, if the asteroid is anything like what the dinosaurs faced, we would probably be dead; Weather that be the explosion it self, climate change, or plan old starvation.

Scroll up

in Space Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 am
by rainbowdragon • 96 Posts

Zitat von Mattking rex
That depends. If the asteroid hasn't struck yet but its about to, I would have the time of my life; if the asteriod had already struck I would find a underground location and hide out there. Regardless, if the asteroid is anything like what the dinosaurs faced, we would probably be dead; Weather that be the explosion it self, climate change, or plan old starvation.

Do note, that even after the dinosaurs meteor struck, it still took at least a million years for them to die of.
Anyways, back to the question. If it is a fairly small one, like maybe 100 meters by 100 meters, would go a long distance then watch. If it was like the one in Peru, maybe even bigger, I would be like Mattking. Go underground.

/give rainbowdragon 259 1

Scroll up

in Space Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm
by Mattking rex • 26 Posts

Zitat von rainbowdragon
Do note, that even after the dinosaurs meteor struck, it still took at least a million years for them to die of.

Yeah but humans make it only worse. With millions/billions of people walking around it would increase the rate of starvation by eating the last amounts of food. Locations that remained untouched would be fought over by other people causing extinction to accelerate

Scroll up

in Space Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 am
by No name specified • ( Guest )

Zitat von Mattking rex

Zitat von rainbowdragon

Yeah but humans make it only worse. With millions/billions of people walking around it would increase the rate of starvation by eating the last amounts of food. Locations that remained untouched would be fought over by other people causing extinction to accelerate

I hate it when both few numbers and large numbers can mean extinction

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: geeta200147
Board Statistics
The forum has 586 topics and 830 posts.